The New The Magnificent Seven 2016
Sandy's Patch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old
About Me
Picture
Bible Believing Christian - Ostomate (colostomy) since July 2021 - I Love My country - I Believe in the Sovereignty of Nations, Free Speech, Brexit, and the Kingdom to Come.
Member Navigation
Sandy's Patch Quick Chat
Sandy's Patch Forum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zandranna
Owner
Owner
Zandranna

Name : Sandy
Birthday : 1st Nov
UK

The New The Magnificent Seven 2016 Empty
PostThe New The Magnificent Seven 2016

First of all you aren't going to believe me when I tell you that I've watched the original 1960 film well over a hundred times.  I kid you not.

I was working as an usherette in the local cinema at the age of 15 when it was shown again in 1963.  In those days usherettes had to stay in the auditorium throughout the whole of the films and I therefore saw it over and over again for a fortnight's run.  But not only did I watch it at that time, but as soon as VCR recorders were created I bought the film.  I then also bought it on DVD when that came out.

It is one of my Top 10 list of favourite films.

So when I heard that they had made a re-make of it I wasn't expecting much of a film.  I mean, never are re-makes anywhere near as good as the original.  Baring in mind that the original also had three of the biggest film idols of the time.   Yul Brynner,   Steve McQueen, and  Charles Bronson   and how big a fan I am of the original film.

I had so little interest in the new 2016 film that I didn't even know what actors were in it.  But one afternoon, I was so wanting to settle down and watch a film that I downloaded it from Sky boxoffice.  Well was I pleasantly surprised.

I was thrilled to find that one of my favourite actors, Denzel Washington, played the part that Yul Brynner's originally played, and that, although they had created the characters very much in the image of the original ones, and stuck to the basic story, they had really done a marvelous job of adapting the story to suit the audience of today.

Whether you are a fan of the original film as I am or have never seen it, if you enjoy westerns and love Denzel Washington.  This really is a must watch film.

You will not be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
https://sandyspatch.board-directory.net/u1wall
Share this post on: reddit

The New The Magnificent Seven 2016 :: Comments

No Comment.

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sandy's Patch :: The Blog :: Home Theatre-
Jump to: